To Papa, With Love

As you turn 60 this year,
Its time I tell you something sincere,
Things about our relationship that I truly revere.

Papa, as a loving father, over the last 27 years,
You have always made one thing clear,
Though far away, you are always near.

When I was a kid you were my favorite peer,
Listening to my rambling and joining in without a sneer,
Memories of my wonderful childhood days will always be dear.

We have had our differences along the years,
Holding back your tears,
Many times (age no bar) you have pinched my ears.

Sometimes I obeyed out of fear,
But now I see your intentions where all so clear,
All you wanted was to make a better person here.

I know I am the reason for many of your tears,
Some good and memorable, some bad I fear,
Sorry for the bad ones, a child that I am mere.

Spoilt, difficult, rebellious that I appear,
Stumbling and tumbling with aims unclear,
In my heart I know you are always near.

Your voice, in my head, I hear,
Don’t worry; I am with you always, dear,
And so I move on untouched by fear.

I feel your presence in life’s every sphere,
Thank you, papa, for all these wonderful years,
But now, I think it’s time we shift gear.

Time for you come back here,
Give me a chance to hold you near,
And say, Don’t worry; I am with you always, dear,

Please come back, Pa, we want you near,
Think not much of turning 60 this year,
It’s just a transit to start another journey from here.
Love you.

Comments

  1. Lovely poem Jai. I wish you all the best in your blogging adventure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a beautiful blog page and an awesome poem.... Great going ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi!

    thanx anisha and sometimes it just doesn't matter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont know how you managed to come with this Jai but trust me after a particular age, parents take this special space and it s wonderful to see u pen that.. Fantastic I say! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome stuff shruti! i have always been amazed with the close proximity u have shared with ur dad even though he has always been away (given my own strained relationship) - kudos on this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope uncle had a super dooper bday :) and good job u girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Mo- thanx :) i cant seem to access your blog da
    @ Siddharth - :) thanx that was very encouraging :)
    @ kaps - xoxoxoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome shru..... heartwarming and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey this is the Jai i know :) I still have your poem about our class stored somewhere in my attic. Keep going gal :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts